What's in a carrot?

Many times in the past, I've been told to eat carrots because of my vision problems. They say it will improve my eyesight. So I wondered, what's in a carrot that's good for me. Ahh, beta carotene. It's what gives carrot the orange color and converts to vitamin A in our body which helps improve vision. Vitamin A produces a purple pigment called rhodopsin. It is a pigment of the retina that is responsible for both the formation of the photoreceptor cells and the first events in the perception of light. Meaning, it let's you see in dim light. Smart aleck Bugs Bunny was right after all.

Carrot has indeed improve my vision. I've also discovered that the beta carotene in carrots is an anti oxidant that helps eliminate free radicals in our body that contribute to conditions like heart disease, macular degeneration, and cancer among other things.

Nowadays, I mix carrots with my favorite juice drink in a blender. It breaks down the carrot fibers thus producing beta carotene faster. So be sure to include carrots in your daily intake. Happy eating to all.


Your comment is most welcome here at Prove Me Wrong

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Wow i did not know that.. Thanks.

blogvandal H5N1 said...

I think the eating carrots thing was invented by the British as propaganda to disguise the fact that they had radar, they fooled the Germans into thinking their fighter pilots were shooting down more planes because they had better vision from eating carrots, but it was really because of the radar - this is what I was told!

spiritwarrior said...

LOL, you proved me wrong. I had suspicion that there was more mysterious story behind those pointed carrots. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

blogvandal H5N1 said...

Yeah it's a weird one - I may be wrong - but that's what I've been told, maybe you can prove me wrong!